Saturday 2 May 2015

76. Rhythmic Gymnastics - Individual All-Round


Event: Rhythmic Gymnastics - Individual All-Round
Date: 14th April 2015
Location:  South Essex Gymnastics Club, Basildon Sporting Village
Cost: £5.50 per lesson 
Rules: Rhythmic Gymnastics is one of the two sports performed exclusively by women. The sport is a combination of gymnastics and dance, with gymnasts performing choreographed movements to music using hand apparatus such as rope, hoop, balls, club and ribbon. In individual competitions, gymnasts perform with two of the apparatus on the first day, and the other two on the second day. Their scores are added, and in the final they perform with all four apparatus.  
  
The Event:

                    

                    

London 2012 Winner: Yevgeniya Kanayeva, Russia.

Comments:

Sarah: We had an introduction to all the different apparatus, then got to choose our favourite for the individual routine. I had a ribbon when I was little, and thought there may be a vague chance I could at least keep it moving for the duration of the routine. I found the individual routine so uncomfortable; much like I found with the artistic gymnastics floor routine, the thought of everyone watching whilst I stumbled through made me cringe! There's safety in numbers in the team!

Ellie: I think I chose the clubs to see what could be done with something a little harder and less glamorous - a description that could be applied to me! I felt a real difference between the equipment and how I 'performed' with them - the ribbon made me floaty, the hoop made me giddy! and the clubs made me feel quite technical... Again, I really enjoyed this routine but as Sarah says, there is nowhere to hide when you are performing on your own!


No comments:

Post a Comment